Re: Announcing CML2, a replacement for the kbuild system

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 22:50:44 EST

"Eric S. Raymond" wrote:
> Yes. The existing CML2 code does this automatically. If you say
>
> cmlconfigure -DARM
>
> options for X86, SPARC, etc won't even be queried for. CML2 freezes
> the other architecture symbols at N and uses a little theorem prover
> to deduces from those what questions should not be asked.

hmmm, this is completely different from the current system. The current
system "knows" what architecture you are configuring. Users shouldn't
have to specify a -D to get this behavior..

        Jeff

P.S. Can you package cml to extract into something other than the
current directory? ie. extract the tarball into cml-x.y.z/*

--
Jeff Garzik              | Liberty is always dangerous, but
Building 1024            | it is the safest thing we have.