Re: Cryptography in the kernel (was: Re: Linux 2.5 / 2.6 TODO (preliminary))

From: Christopher Thompson (chris@hypocrite.org)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 20:46:42 EST

On Wed, 31 May 2000, you wrote:
> End users will not compile a kernel themselves anyway. The distribution
> they use will come with one supplied for them.

I'm not quite sure why you think that. Lots of end users
compile their own kernels. Many times, the local LUG I belong
to is asked for help on how to do this.

In addition, magazines like Maximum Linux, aimed primarily at
newbies, have featured instructions on how to compile your
kernel.

--
Christopher Thompson  http://hypocrite.org/
         "Flawed, weak, organic."

RFC1855: 'Limit line length to fewer than 65 characters'