Re: Weirdo stupidity on lk?

From: Bob Lorenzini (hwm@newportharbornet.com)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 15:31:59 EST

On Wed, 31 May 2000, David Ford wrote:

> Russell King wrote:
>
> > I just found that someone had unsubscribed me AGAIN! from lkml. I don't
> > know why - I can find no evidence of any bounces or anything like that.
> >
> > This is getting really pissing annoying since it always happens at the
> > time when I don't want to miss any mails - on the run-up to a new stable
> > kernel.
> >
> > Could whoever maintains this list PLEASE tell me why they unsubscribed
> > me after 18:53pm last night? The subscribed address should be:
> >
> > rmk@parcelfarce.linux.theplanet.co.uk
> >
> > or (maybe as Alan's using a CNAME for the machines official domain name)
> >
> > rmk@www.linux.org.uk
>
> It happens :)
>
> I don't think it's intentional, just re-subs it

It was probably intentional. If you have repeated failed delivery, you get
unsubscribed. Ask me how I know. :-)

          MX-VERIFY-CGI run for ``parcelfarce.linux.theplanet.co.uk''

  Doing resolver lookup for T=MX
domain=``parcelfarce.linux.theplanet.co.uk''

  BAD: NO MX DATA: domain=``parcelfarce.linux.theplanet.co.uk'' We
SIMULATE!

                     Do have at least one MX entry added!

Go here to check your config.

http://www.zmailer.org/mxverify-cgi.html