Bt829A problem

From: Karel Kulhavy (clock@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 13:25:31 EST

Hello

I am using AIW PRO. When I was watching TV on X and Gatos I switched
into text mode and used less for some time. When I scrolled to some peculiar
line, there appeared about one-letter high TV picture (moving) and in the line
above the text was mixed together eith the TV picture in some garbageous way.

All the mess was placed on the very bottom of ther screen.

When IO scrolled backwards, itdidn't reappear but on another scrolling forwards over
the same place the bug was repeatable.

Should I look for the bug inside Gatos, X Server or linux kernel? Can it have somethiing
to do with the way linux assumes VGA to work and VGA doesn't (framebufgfer wraparound
at 64k)?

Clock