Re: unix socket & fcntl => kernel oops ?

From: Khimenko Victor (khim@sch57.msk.ru)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 16:31:54 EST

In <Pine.GSO.4.10.10005301705460.17448-100000@weyl.math.psu.edu> Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu) wrote:

AV> On Wed, 31 May 2000, Chris Wedgwood wrote:

>> On Sun, May 28, 2000 at 01:46:01PM +0400, Khimenko Victor wrote:
>>
>> So it's not just me. Is it known issue ? Even if locking on unix
>> sockets is not supported (why?) kernel oops and segmentation
>> fault does not look like right rection to me :-/
>>
>> Open should fail on unix sockets. Does this fix your problem?

AV> WTF? open() _does_ fail on them.

Do you think so ? See attachments (sample program, strace and kernel oops).
Yes, if open will fail on them it'll be acceptable (not pretty, but
acceptable - postgresql will be unable to track socket usage but will
start anyway "in hope for best"). Unfortunatelly id DOES NOT fail and then
you getting oops (and core dump) out of fcntl.

AV> Victor, care to resend the oops? Sorry, missed it on l-k...

No problem.

P.S. It's all with 2.2.15pre9 but Horst von Brand
<vonbrand@sleipnir.valparaiso.cl> said it's oopsing under 2.2.16pre4 as well.