Re: tlan woes - interface goes down if pushed hard

From: Joel Sloan (jjs@toyota.com)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 15:39:59 EST

Jeff Garzik wrote:

> Joel Sloan wrote:
> >
> > Greetings -
> >
> > I have been running 2.3 kernels on test machines here on
> > a 100baseT segment, and I've noticed those with a tlan
> > ethernet card can be easily and repeatably forced offline
> > by apachebench.
>
> -Exactly- what kernel version are you using?
>
> TLAN driver was updated very very recently, so it would be a good idea
> to grab the latest kernel (2.4.0-test1) and the latest AC patch
> (2.4.0-test1-ac5 presently), and try that.

The latest test this morning was with 2.4.0-test1-ac5, which
contains tlan driver v1.8 -

I'm not sure this is a tlan specific bug, or if the tlan card
just shows it more easily - I have seen similar issues
with tulip cards in recent kernels... however I've been
seeing this tlan issue since at least as far back as 2.3.4x

I've reloaded the tlan driver with debug=0x15, so hopefully
there will be more info when I test it again -

Thanks & Regards,

jjs