Re: max directory depth in 2.2.15? Bug?

From: Kenneth C. Arnold (kcarnold@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 15:33:17 EST

> not by problems in implementation. Nice local DoS :-/ Unfrtunatelly there are
> quite a few other local DoS attacks so I'm not sure if someone will try to fix
> it soon. You can use quota to limit problems: just not allow to create more
> then 1000 files per user and raise inode-max to 1000000 :-)

Local DoS? How about forkbomb, e.g.,

#include <unistd.h>
void main (void)
{ while (1) fork(); }

Has this been fixed since pre8? ( I'm not trying it again :/ )How about a
/proc/<whatever>/max-non-root-forks? (and the previously mentioned
"echo 1 > /proc/<whatever>/disable-non-root-fork" could be mapped
to echoing a zero there)

Kenneth