ibmtr dead on 2.4.0-test1

From: Phillips, Mike (PHILLIM@amtrak.com)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 13:48:31 EST

The ibm token ring driver is decidely unhappy on 2.4.0. I've tracked it down
to the isapnp stuff, the adapter is not activated by default so the driver
can't find anything when it talks to the ioport. Manually activating the
card gets the driver to recognise the adapter and promptly lock the machine
up.

Is there a simple way to fix this or am I going to have to modify the driver
to search for a PnP adapter first and if one is not found fail and then
check for a regular isa/mca adapter ?

Mike Phillips