Re: es1371 broken in 2.4.0-test1-ac4 (and earlier, maybe)

From: Tigran Aivazian (tigran@veritas.com)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 13:28:03 EST

On Tue, 30 May 2000, Thomas Sailer wrote:

> Tigran Aivazian wrote:
>
> > Also, it looks like it is not just MIDI. Even .au does not work as
> > expected, running play /usr/share/sndconfig/sample.au loops forever and so
> > does "cat sample.au > /dev/audio". Then, immediately after that running
>
> Smells like interrupts are not getting through. Does the interrupt
> counter in cat /proc/interrupts increment? When you try to play a long
> wav file, which segment loops? The very beginning?

you are right - irqs stay at 0:

# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0 CPU1
  0: 1483107 1417908 IO-APIC-edge timer
  1: 38411 33686 IO-APIC-edge keyboard
  2: 0 0 XT-PIC cascade
  4: 153337 150466 IO-APIC-edge serial
  8: 1 0 IO-APIC-edge rtc
 10: 0 0 IO-APIC-edge es1371
 12: 92401 92649 IO-APIC-edge PS/2 Mouse
 13: 1 0 XT-PIC fpu
 14: 26764 26103 IO-APIC-edge ide0
 15: 12 3 IO-APIC-edge ide1
 17: 551 594 IO-APIC-level aic7xxx
 18: 2692 2924 IO-APIC-level bttv
 19: 0 0 IO-APIC-level eth0
NMI: 2900934 2900934
LOC: 2900796 2900795
ERR: 0

the whole thing loops. I.e. I hear the whole "Hello, this is Linus
Torvalds and I pronounce Linux as Linux" from the beginning till end,
infinite number of times.

Perhaps this whole story started when I plugged in bttv card into my
machine and the es1371 got shifted to irq10 which it shouldn't have...

Regards,
Tigran