Re: Adaptec AAA-131U2 RAID

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 11:38:10 EST

On Tue, 30 May 2000, Rick Stevens wrote:

> Andre Hedrick wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 26 May 2000, Rick Stevens wrote:
> >
> > > Is a driver either in the works or available for the Adaptec AAA-131U2
> > > RAID controller? Any pointers would be GREATLY appreciated.
> >
> > If this is their ATA RAID?
> > NO........
> > If they can not get off their ASS to meet me when I call them about it and
> > show up in their campus the day they announce a press release, they can
> > write it themselves for all I care at this point in time......
> >
> > Andre Hedrick
> > The Linux ATA/IDE guy
>
> Thanks for the sentiment, Andre. No, this is an Ultra Wide SCSI
> controller, PCI-based. There's a -U1, -U2 and -U3, although I can't
> recall exactly what the differences are.

I need to explain why I am upset with them......
Back at LinuxWorld they asked me to work with them on development.
They never called upon the product release.
They choose to ignore me after asking for help.
It is a matter of professionalism given to the OS regardless of the people
involved.

Think of it as not showing up for a blind date.

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy