Re: [patch-2.4.0-test1-ac4]linux-2.4.0-test1-ac4+grub

From: OKUJI Yoshinori (okuji@kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 06:47:22 EST

From: HIBINO Kei <ex8k-hbn@asahi-net.or.jp>
Subject: [patch-2.4.0-test1-ac4]linux-2.4.0-test1-ac4+grub
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 19:44:14 +0900

> This parameter is inconsistent with 'mem=<size>' parameter
> specified by an user.
>
> For example, when GRUB detects 65550K bytes memory size,
> and an user specifies the following command.
>
> kernel (hd0,0)/vmlinuz mem=128M
>
> The command line passed to kernel is the following which has
> two 'mem=<size>' parameters.
>
> mem=66550K mem=128M

  Thanks for your report, but I don't think this problem can be solved
in GRUB, since you may pass unusual parameters with the "mem" option
to the kernel (such as "no-hlt") and so GRUB cannot interpret what you
specified in a reliable way. IMO, the Linux kernel should allow the
user to override a parameter by just appending the same option.

Okuji