Re: [NFS] Netlink Must Die! - wsa Linux 2.2.16pre5 - NFS?!

From: Neil Brown (neilb@cse.unsw.edu.au)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 21:06:36 EST

On Monday May 29, chip@valinux.com wrote:
> Urgent! We must get rid of the netlink device dependency before Alan
> will accept the NFS patches:
>
> According to Alan Cox:
> > Andi Kleen:
> > > Newer knfsd uses the netlink device (not the socket :-()_to ask mountd again
> > > after reboots for new requests.
> >
> > The netlink device is obsolete. Thats silly to say the least
>
> Anyone know how to do this quickly? Otherwise, I'll have to look into it....

knfsd does *not* use netlinks.

There are some patches floating around that do use netlinks for an
up-call, but they are not part of the knfsd stuff on source-forge, and
they shouldn't be (it is an interesting idea but needs more work).

The code that is being suggested for 2.2.16 does NOT contain netlink
related code.

NeilBrown