Re: Message for Andre Hedrick

From: Khimenko Victor (khim@sch57.msk.ru)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 19:04:23 EST

In <E12wZ53-00000g-00@the-village.bc.nu> Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk) wrote:
>> > Firmware upgrade NDA is common. They are all scared the next chernobyl virus
>> > will erase disk firmware. Also with DVD drives all these evil people keep
>>
>> But what do you win by requiring an NDA for the actual firmware?
>> Nothing, people can still just upload crap to the drive.

> It is the upload procedure they try to NDA

Yeah. Firstly they create problem, then they try to solve it using stupid
methods (like NDA). Instead of tiny switch (like it was on my old TX97)
which solves problems ONCE AND FOR ALL (no Chernobyl in the world can do
anything to your firmware if you PHYSICALLY turned this ability) they are
using NDA's just to fail in the end :-/ Gosh.