Re: n_tty_ioctl usage question

From: Prarit (prarit@youtwo.net)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 18:17:22 EST

Hi Theodore,

Thanks for the quick reply: Here's the situation.

I'm playing around with the USB drivers. I have the drivers
modified to the point such that each connected keyboard (I currently
have four connected) point to a different tty/console.

ie) I have four independent keyboards.

I also have four independent mice, each tied to the same ttys.
(The independence of the keyboards and mice is also supported in
X).

What I would like to accomplish (if possible) is tie the driver into
switching between tty's such that everytime a keystroke is hit,
control automatically switches to that tty!

ie) if the fg_console is "2" and the keyboard for console "3" is
hit, a switch to "3" should occur...

But :(, to do this :(, I need to use the ioctl functions which
require me to have a fd ... so maybe it's not possible and I'm
just barking up the wrong tree ;) ...

Any suggestions, well, further suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks again Theodore,

Prarit.

--
Personal Email: prarit@prarit.com