Re: Advertising SuSe on lkml

From: G. Hugh Song (hugh@lucia.kjist.ac.kr)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 10:05:23 EST

Part of the reason why distribution-specific patches are appreciated
is because we are already so addicted to RPMs in the first place.

For example, I want to use NIS+. Then, I should recompile the pam
package. But I can't find my spare time to do the job. There is
a solution. I wish the PAM maintainer makes his code whose
behavior easily selectable by a config file by average Joe.

SuSE' distribution is particularly suitable for this NIS+. Then, am I
using NIS+? At the moment no. I think that SuSE' is particularly
unhelpful in making their FTP distribution easily installable on an
Alpha. Or they do not have sufficient human resources to make the
installation fool-proof for every architecture.

Regards,

G. Hugh SOng