NM256 audio trouble

From: Per Lundberg (plundis@byggdok.se)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 07:03:28 EST

I'm having some problems with the NM256 audio driver. I'm using Dell
Latitude LS with the conventional Dell NeoMagic chip (graphics and
sound card on the same chip). It works fine in Windows 2000. However,
when I load the kernel module, the machine just hangs, right after the
initialization. No oops, no nothing. Is it supposed to work like this?
:-)

Anyone using the NM256 driver on a Latitude 400LS, mayhaps?