Re: ReiserFS 3.6.6 is available

From: Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 02:47:51 EST

On Sun, 28 May 2000, Hans Reiser wrote:

> VFS has been changing a lot, so until VFS remains stable for a week we can't
> take the beta label off of reiserfs.

Hmmm... Could you guys look at the dcache-threading patch? It's about the
last major change to fs-visible parts of VFS and it promises to make for
_much_ nicer threading. Basically, lookup-related code is SMP-safe now,
big lock is taken only before calling the fs methods and dropped
immediately after the return.

(patch had been announced several days ago, I'm currently rediffing it to
the latest Alan's tree; old one on ftp.math.psu.edu/pub/viro/dcache-ac2-A
should be close enough).