Re: Slow development cycle

From: David Weinehall (tao@acc.umu.se)
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 19:50:02 EST

On Sun, 28 May 2000, Rik van Riel wrote:

> On Sun, 28 May 2000, Kenneth C. Arnold wrote:

> > > OTOH, you started the thread. I think it's time you pick
> > > one of the TODO items and start working...
> >
> > Right. I've chosen to do some general code cleanup, as Alan
> > indirectly suggested. It'll be a while, though, because I have a
> > lot of other things I _need_ to work on.
>
> You're quickly losing credibility by spending your time writing
> emails on linux-kernel without submitting any patches :)
>
> > Anyway, where is the master Linux kernel TODO?
> >
> > And, as I mentioned earlier, is there a master list of the
> > features that are going to go into 2.5 -> 2.6? I think having
> > this down on ... um, ... hard drive ... is a necessity. If there
> > is not, let's work on one?
>
> Sure, find us someone who can look into the future and ask
> him/her to write down all the patches that should be included.

Wouldn't it be better to ask that person to send the patches instead?

Imagine having a kernel tarball with support for hardware that aren't due
for another 50 years... :^)

/David
  _ _
 // David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </