Re: Slow development cycle

From: Kenneth C. Arnold (kcarnold@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 17:11:42 EST

On Sun, May 28, 2000 at 10:19:30PM +0100, James Sutherland wrote:

> > > Things on my list Im sure nobody is tackling right now:
> > >
> > > 1. Check everyone in maintainers/credits actually still has a working
> > > address.
> >
> > Hmmm... I could do that if everybody could stand a flood of PING-ish mails...
>
> Hrm. I was thinking of something similar, but with a little more
> "optimisation" - I was going to build a script to list all MAINTAINERS
> e-mail addresses, then grep the last month or two of linux-kernel mail to
> see which have been used recently.

Why bother? It'd just be a Reply+Send on their part, occupying no more than
.5 seconds.

But I'd probably wait a few days, checking off using my little script some
of the common people (e.g., Linus, Alan, Tigran, Peter Anvin, etc. to name
very few).

Should it be just maintainers, or all people with credits?

Kenneth