Re: LINUX Jobs for 2.4 update [scsi]

From: David Weinehall (tao@acc.umu.se)
Date: Sat May 27 2000 - 16:59:46 EST

On Sat, 27 May 2000, Alan Cox wrote:

> The reports came from the ibmmca maintainers. I'll try and get some
> clarification. I also need to try booting 2.4.0test on my PS/2

Depending on your model of PS/2 this may work. The one built into the
9556-series is the one most prone to bug out (probably also the 9557,
maybe the 8556/8557 too.)

The boot hangs on doing an device_inquiry, as the adapter reports an
error eventhough everything seems to recover fine if you just ignore the
error by kludging the driver to ignore that error.

I haven't tried v2.4.0test, but I tried to boot v2.3.99-pre? (think it was
7), and that one was unable to boot, both using the in-kernel version
of the ibmmca.c-driver and Michael Lang's work-in-progress next version.

I'll perform some more testing using the v2.4.0test1ac4 kernel tomorrow,
if I can find the time, but now I'm off for an Alphaville-concert. More
than 4 years since last time I saw them, so...

/David Weinehall
  _ _
 // David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </