Re: kernel timer races

From: kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru
Date: Sat May 27 2000 - 12:49:19 EST

Hello!

> I meant that the 2.3.99 del_timer_sync() waits for timer_exit() call
> in the handler.

It waits not only for this event. It rather combines
do_not_add flag and such waiting in some convenient combination
(with minimal changes to core).

> The proposed code of wait_on_timers() waits for the end of
> run_timer_list()

Please, do not add new "kernel" locks, we have enough of them. 8)

BTW del_timer_sync() (or its proper modification) is planned to be used
for TCP to get rid of reference counts, which are seen in profiles.
No global dependencies are allowed in this case.

Alexey