Re: Announcing CML2, a replacement for the kbuild system

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 01:21:11 EST

Rogier Wolff wrote:
> Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> > I'm willing to make this effort. How do I go from a symbol to identifying
> > the relevant maintainer?

Unfortunately right now you must manually make the association, by first
looking at MAINTAINERS, then looking the source itself, for a relevant
e-mail address. If all else fails, search lkml archives for likely
suspects :)

> Maybe we should start maintaining a file that has this relationship?
>
> CONFIG_SPECIALIX R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl
> CONFIG_SX R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl
> CONFIG_RIO R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl

It could go in Configure.help if nowhere else...

        Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik              | Liberty is always dangerous, but
Building 1024            | it is the safest thing we have.