Re: Announcing CML2, a replacement for the kbuild system

From: Eric S. Raymond (esr@thyrsus.com)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 19:31:54 EST

Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com>:
> You're rewriting kernel-doc in Python too?

Not yet. Hm. I hadn't noticed that one. No. I'll stick to making
configuration work right, for now anyway.

> Let's be realistic here. Very few will go to the trouble of doing the
> Python-to-C thing, because it requires Python in the first place.
> Python becomes an additional build requirement. Admit it and move on
> ;-)

Yes, Jeff, I know freezing is kind of a disingenuous answer. But it's
good enough, because the question was silly ;-).

--

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun. -- R. Buckminster Fuller