Re: pre9-4 OOM VM lockups

From: Juan J. Quintela (quintela@fi.udc.es)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 16:29:21 EST

>>>>> "tim" == t n vanderleeuw <t.n.vanderleeuw@chello.nl> writes:

Hi

tim> I have the following memory-eater which can repeatedly kill my box.

tim> The symptoms: VT switching still works, unlike what I described above.
tim> But other than that, the machine is that. After only a few seconds, the
tim> computer stops taking any keyboard input. About half a minute later,
tim> the first (more or less random) program is killed, and after that klogd
tim> seems to be the victim once every minute or so.

It has also bad effects here, I am studying them. I will post when I
will find something, this program should die, not the rest.

tim> I'm going to test pre9-5 now.

pre9-5 is equal in regard to MM system.

Later, Juan.

are different -- Larry McVoy