Bug: (in fs/attr.c or in include/linux/capability.h?) _POSIX_CHOWN_RESTRICTED & CAP_CHOWN

From: Linda Walsh (law@sgi.com)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 14:39:00 EST

In include/linux/capability.h, CAP_CHOWN is said to allow overriding
giving away a file if _POSIX_CHOWN_RESTRICTED is defined. We don't have
_POSIX_CHOWN_RESTRICTED defined (or tested) but CAP_CHOWN does override the
restriction of allowing the giving away of a file.

Which should it be: Linux always prohibits giving away files and CAP_CHOWN
overrides that, or should we be checking for _POSIX_CHOWN_RESTRICTED and
disallowing it if set, else permitting?

Implementation code is in fs/attr.c. No references to _POSIX_CHOWN_RESTRICTED.

-linda

--
Linda A Walsh                    | Trust Technology, Core Linux, SGI
law@sgi.com                      | Voice: (650) 933-5338