RE: pthread issue.

From: Leeuw van der, Tim (tim.leeuwvander@nl.unisys.com)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 07:12:49 EST

Hello,

The only thing I can think of, in your program, is that your alarm signal
handler is called before the mutex is initialized - in other words, that
your alarm handler is called right after registering it, and before
initializing the mutex, and before the alarm is set to 5 seconds.
This is pure speculation, however, and it shouldn't be possible for it to
happen. I haven't yet tried to run your testprogram.

Do you see the message about "bored waiting for mutex"?
If you print the PID of the current process from the alarm handler, you can
also see which thread calls the signal handler.

Success,

--Tim