Kernel BUG in loopback fs in -pre8

From: Kenneth C . Arnold (kcarnold@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 16:02:03 EST

('x-unknown' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) I created a ~635 MB ISO CD image, and wrote it to a temporary partition
so I could test it before writing it. I mounted the file -o loop in
/mnt/temp, and then I go unmount it, as such (approximately):

dolphin:~# mount -o loop /mnt/hda4/image1.raw /mnt/temp
dolphin:~# ls /mnt/temp/
(directory listing)
dolphin:~# umount /mnt/temp/
Kernel BUG in...

(the full BUG is attached, also run through ksymoops even though it
isn't an oops)

Also, the umount -a that my rc scripts do when rebooting has some sort
of problem, but the computer shuts off too soon afterwards for me to
tell exactly what it was. End result is that I have to fsck on reboot.

Is this a known issue? Is there any place where the known issues for the
kernel are listed and updated frequently?

Kenneth

(attachments follow)