Re: [prepatch] Directory Notification

From: willy@thepuffingroup.com
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 15:07:51 EST

On Sun, May 21, 2000 at 12:18:30PM -0400, willy@thepuffingroup.com wrote:
> There are really 4 conflated patches here:
>
> * A rewrite of the fs/locks.c code.
> * Making kill_fasync() SMP-safe.
> * Directory notification.
> * Addition of file leases.
>
> I should split them up.

ftp://ftp.uk.linux.org/pub/linux/people/willy/2.3.99pre8/

dirnot.diff requires killfasync.diff to be applied first, but it's not
relevant to understanding the patches. I just split the patches up by
hand, there may well be duplicated pieces or poor line numbering. As I
suspect the lock-rewrite patch is by far the biggest chunk; it includes
the leases. Trond, I haven't fixed any of the problems you noticed yet,
you needn't bother looking.