USB working !

From: Alan Pearson (pearsona@altavista.net)
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 00:09:09 EST

Folks,
After much grief for the past 3 weeks, USB is now working on my laptop !!!
No oops, no mess (well with uhci anyway).

Applied Martins PCI uhci & usb-uhci patches.
usb-uhci take the machine down hard, with the oops I've previously posted.
However, uhci works flawlessly.
Beautiful !

None of this would be possible if it wasn't for the help & patience of Martin,
who is a genius !

If you consider the problem with usb-uhci worth investigating, I will do all I
can.

In the meantime a BIG thanks to Martin, Jan Niehusmann for his help, and also
to the guys who made this USB thing happen Randy, Johannes et al.

Just one more question, how do I get the USB modules to autoload at boot ?
I guess it is something like pre-install in conf.modules, right ?
Thanks again,
Alan (on his USB keyboard!)

  --

Alanp