Re: New PCI IRQ routing code for pre9-2

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Sat May 20 2000 - 11:01:33 EST

On Sat, 20 May 2000, Martin Mares wrote:

> The PIRQ pins on Via 686A aren't the same as PCI interrupt pins of the
> particular device. The mapping device pins -> PIRQ pins is contained in
> the PIRQ table provided by the BIOS, but the meaning of the `pirq' values
> in this table is chipset specific. I'm now trying to get some detailed
> info from VIA.

Martin, when you did the re-write as separate functions and a table of
router entries, did you do it based on the previous code, or did you start
from scratch with the pcmcia package code?

If you started from scratch, then you probably missed the bug-fix that
Jeff had done earlier to this code..

                Linus