Re: Linux on E10K; UPDATE!!

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Sat May 20 2000 - 07:28:14 EST

   Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 22:18:13 -0400
   From: Craig Armour <c.armour@uq.net.au>

   perhaps someone could check out the version from when the starfire
   stuff was origionally put in and do a diff on the current version??

It never worked. I wrote the interrupt/cpu-id grot for E10k when I
thought I'd have an opportunity to play on such a machine, and this
never happened. So I stopped right there.

Nothing "snuck in" and broke the support, it never worked in the first
place because I never had access to the hardware. Had I had such
access even once for about a day or two, it would have been made to
work and it'd still most likely be working fine today.

        the problem seems to be that stuff has been plugged in to the source
        after the starfire stuff was written, but not checking to see if that
        actually breaks the starfire code... and example?

Thus, you can now see how untrue the rest of your email is.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com