[matt@frednet.dyndns.org: Re: Linux on the TI-89 / 92[+]]

From: Matthew Fredrickson (matt@frednet.dyndns.org)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 07:16:41 EST

--
Matthew Fredrickson
ICQ 13923212 matt@NOSPAMfrednet.dyndns.org
http://www.frednet.dyndns.org/~matt/
"Do you want the red pill, or the blue?

attached mail follows:

I think that's a great idea, I would love to try to get a project like this going, although I'm not quite a kernel hacker yet, so I don't know how much I can do yet. I can do small stuff, like you, but I'm still working on understanding and learning a lot of low level (such as everything used in the kernel), but if you and any others you can think of want to have a go at it, let's do so. I suppose we could start by initialy setting up the page somewhere, and set up appropriate development tools (e.g. CVS), and get the ball rolling. More on a theoretical side, I think we may initially need to try to write a driver for the link port to run a serial terminal over it for testing and things of that nature. I'm not sure how to do that, but I suppose this would be a great chance to learn. If you're pretty creative with HTML, you could set the page up, but otherwise, I can set it up. Do you have ICQ?