Re: Linux 2.3.99pre9-2 JOB list

From: Michal Jaegermann (michal@ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 16:08:26 EST

> On Thu, 18 May 2000, Alexander Viro wrote:
> > So fix them - not to mention the fact that GUI suid-root anything is
> > a _really_ scary idea,

(This was about GUI mount utilities).

Maybe there are some which do suid-root but what I have seen worked
only for file systems with 'user' option in fstab and did not use suid
at all; only a regular 'mount' program.

What this "multiple overmount" capability is supposed to buy? I
strongly suspect that Blu3 is right and we will see big troubles with
that before things will get "fixed". Making 'eject' to do 'umount'
as many times as needed to "bottom out" seems like the simplest thing. :-)

  Michal