Re: usbmouse broken in 2.3.99-pre8?

From: Michael H. Warfield (mhw@wittsend.com)
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 22:15:16 EST

On Wed, May 17, 2000 at 08:55:57PM -0700, Justin C. Darby wrote:
> Is the USB mouse driver broken in 2.3.99-pre8 or is it just me? It's
> causing a oops wether its built into the kernel or used as a module, I'd
> give you a stack trace however that'd take alot of time being as it
> hardlocks the machine, but if this problem is unheard of then I'll make
> the extra effort to use a pencil. :)

        No. It's not the USB Mouse. It's the usb-uhci module. I'm
seeing the same thing. My usb-ohci motherboards are working fine.
My sole usb-uhci motherboard throws an Ooppss on boot. Someone has
suggested that the alternative uhci driver is fine. Try that. And
report your results. Unfortunately, my uhci motherboard is in my
system at the office and I've been telecommuting all this week so
far, so I haven't had the time to test it myself.

        Anyone know if pre9-1 or pre9-2 fixes this gotcha?

> Justin C. Darby

        Mike

--
 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  mhw@WittsEnd.com