Re: Big SMP machine hangs often [debug included]

From: Miquel van Smoorenburg (miquels@cistron.nl)
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 14:17:32 EST

According to Alan Cox:
> > - AMI MegaRaid EC9F:1.24 controller with 4 18 GB disks in RAID5 mode
> > - Linux 2.2.13 kernel compiled with gcc 2.7.2.3 and SMP / 2GB support
>
> Get at least the 1.07b MegaRAID driver and also the 3.10 or higher firmware.

Yes I was planning on that, but I didn't want to change anything just
yet in case someone wanted some debug output or whatever. I will perform
an upgrade ASAP.

> Adding a timer continually for now or past can cause this hang. Try 2.2.15
> and the delack-5 patch from Andrea.

I definitely will, thanks for the pointer.

> Andrea also did a patch to stop timers
> that get queued this way hanging the box so you can debug it

I'd really like to debug it and _find_ something so that we can make
the customer happy again and fix this for other people who might be
experiencing similar problems.

I'll keep you informed.

Mike.