Re: Sony VAIO

From: Joel Jaeggli (joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu)
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 09:31:56 EST

On Wed, 17 May 2000, Adam Fritzler wrote:

> I got myself a Sony VAIO PCG-F450 recently. Works great, except for a few
> things.
>
> 1) Is anyone working on an OSS driver for the YMF744? ALSA says
> "mid-May" but thats about it. They have the docs from yamaha on their
> site as well.

the commercial oss driver (4-front tech) supports it, and they've fixed
their "apm calls with the sound driver loaded cause the machine to hang"
bug.

> 2) Anyone know a way to control the behavior of when you put the lid
> down? In Win98, it goes into suspend. In linux, it does nothing. I
> don't want suspend, but I would like it to shut the panel off.
>
> 3) The Fn brightness and contrast key combinations lock up the machine
> quite nicely. No idea why. Fn-F (to switch between video stretch and
> unstretched (for displaying non-XGA resolutions on the XGA LCD)) works
> just fine. But the others kill it. Any ideas? No kernel messages or
> anything. It'll do it before it gets to user space, so its a kernel
> difficulty.
>
> I think thats it for now. (I only wish the Alps trackpad did the
> two-finger-tap = middle-button thing that Synaptics pads do. Hitting
> both of the buttons simultaneously is a bit tricky. Oh well.)
>
> af
>
> ---
> Adam Fritzler
> { mid@auk.cx }
> http://www.auk.cx/~mid/
>

> -

Joel Jaeggli joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu
Academic User Services consult@gladstone.uoregon.edu
     PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E