Linux on E10K

From: Craig ARMOUR (c.armour@uq.net.au)
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 02:29:25 EST

Hi,

Upon reading the suport list for RH6.2, I noticed that support for RH on
an sun E10K was tier 3 due to "no one has installed it yet"

I just happen to have an e10k doing nothing at the moment so... and I'm
curious as to what is the current maximum ram/cpu count the linux kernel
can address at the moment.

We think we can muster about 64 400mhz cpu's and 64 gig of ram into a
single linux domain provided linux can support it.

Note: this is just an experiment... we intend on blowing it away once we
have proven/disproven that it works. If it does... I'll post a dmesg and
uname -a to a webpage somewhere...

who knows... if it does, we may leave a small domain on there to toy with
;)

I'm not subscribed to the list... so any information you may
have... others that may have tried it... could you please reply to me
personally

I appologize if anyone considers it bad form (tm) to post here

Cheers
Craig
Unix Systems Administrator
University of Queensland
Comments are my own and not of my employer