kswapd fixes anywhere?

From: Matthew Vanecek (linuxguy@directlink.net)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 22:23:43 EST

Forgive me if I've missed something, but I can't see where there are any
patches for fixing kswapd, only a bunch of rhetoric that it's broken,
and system performance suffers greatly thereby.

Is there a fix for this, or whatever else it is that's causing extremely
poor performance during heavy disk i/o? Sometimes, it feels like I'm
telnetted to a box in some remote inaccessible Saudi Arabian town (or
maybe the top of Mnt. Everest), using one of those old 300-baud modems
with an acoustic coupler. Especially during compiles or when I'm
starting something like Netscape or The GIMP. Anyhow, I'm currently on
2.3.99pre6, with a full SCSI system (i.e., everthing except the floppy
is SCSI), if that matters, AMD 350, 128M RAM, lotsa swap space, total
23G SCSI disc space, etc, etc.

--
Matthew Vanecek
Visit my Website at http://mysite.directlink.net/linuxguy