hesyes ESP module failure

From: Roeland Th. Jansen (roel@grobbebol.xs4all.nl)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 19:20:00 EST

hi,

I have 2.2.15pre19, 2.2.15 itself used but my hayes esp fails to do what's
mentioned in the docs.

in the past, the serial port was used at ttyP40, and I switched that off for
some time as the ISDN TA was not connected. I reinstaled the TA recently but
P40 doesn't work. the docs state :

Devices must be created manually. To create the devices, note the output from
the module after it is inserted. The output will appear in the location where
kernel messages usually appear (usually /var/adm/messages). Create two devices
for each 'tty' mentioned, one with major of 57 and the other with major of 58.
The minor number should be the same as the tty number reported. The commands
would be (replace ? with the tty number):

mknod /dev/ttyP? c 57 ?
mknod /dev/cup? c 58 ?

For example, if the following line appears:

Oct 24 18:17:23 techno kernel: ttyP8 at 0x0140 (irq = 3) is an ESP primary
port

...two devices should be created:

mknod /dev/ttyP8 c 57 8
mknod /dev/cup8 c 58 8

but....... the ttyP* line doesn't show up at all.

May 17 00:04:19 grobbebol kernel: ESP serial driver version 2.2 (DMA 0)

is reported. so, I don't know what port entry should be used.

arobinso@nyx.net didn't respond, probably busy.

--
Grobbebol's Home                   |  Don't give in to spammers.   -o)
http://www.xs4all.nl/~bengel       | Use your real e-mail address   /\