pre9-2: Good performance so far!

From: t.n.vanderleeuw@chello.nl
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 15:47:55 EST

Hello!

The interactive performance of pre9-2 seems to be really good so far!
pre8 was disastrous, but now it's great. Fast, snappy performance, and
even while compiling the kernel and kde2 files at the same time it
still feels very good.

I don't know what has changed in the meantimeI don't know if the
classzone-vm patches from Andrea got merged? If not, I'm actually
curious to try performance with them.

I don't know if this great interactive performance has gone at the cost
of other performance, but it appears not to have.

I hope that the current performance level can be maintained, if not
improved more!

Congratulations to those who've done the work!

The machine I'm using is a P225MMX with 64MB SD-RAM, btw.

--Tim