Re: write_trylock

From: kernel@kvack.org
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 11:38:37 EST

On Tue, 16 May 2000, Tim Waugh wrote:

> Can anyone tell my why write_trylock is only defined in
> include/asm-i386/spinlock.h?

Lack of usage as of yet =) The current implementation is rather
inefficient, so I do recommend against using it. If it really matters,
I'll write an improved version -- write_trylock was more of a
proof-of-concept thing.

> Otherwise, can anyone confirm that write_lock can be called from
> interrupt context?

It can be provided that all places you take the lock for read do so with
interrupts disabled.

                -ben