Re: FW: press release - new network driver architecture

From: david parsons (orc@pell.portland.or.us)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 15:45:12 EST

In article <linux.kernel.38ED2A63.35893171@mandrakesoft.com>,
Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com> wrote:
>Disclaimers: I haven't read the code yet, and no, I don't work for
>ImageStream :)
>
>> "ImageStream Internet Solutions has released the source code to its new network driver
>> architecture called SAND (Standard Architecture for Network Drivers). The new Linux
>> driver architecture is an advanced software component system for developing network
>> drivers for Linux."

   Well, they've done UDI one better by actually producing code so that
   people can look at it. They don't appear to have any device drivers
   for common NICs, though, so benchmarking their UDI against the
   mainline interface-of-the-week drivers isn't a trivial chore.

                 ____
   david parsons \bi/ It's a pretty big download, but at least part of it
                  \/ is documentation.