Re: Possible problem with ACCEPT/CONNECT in

From: Peter Zaitsev (pz@spylog.ru)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 11:52:19 EST

> > The other thing seems really strange to me - it it will not connect
withing
> > a second connect times are 3,9,21,45... second. What are this magic
numbers

> How interesting. You do see the mathematical relationship, right?
>
> 3 = 3x1
> 9 = 3x3
> 21 = 3x7
> 45 = 3x15
>
> Looks like some sort of exponential backoff algorithm to me, similar to
the collision detection algorithm in Ethernet (CSMA/CD), except the retry
times are something like 10-100 times normal.

Yes. I understand this but I just want know there this numbers come from and
how to tune this or something similar.
This happens both on local interface in local area network and even via
several internet hops. The persent of bad timed connects could vary but
still they present....
The thing is this does not appear then the only one process is connecting...