AW: help: hdd as raw device?

From: Butter, Frank (Frank.Butter@otto.de)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 03:42:56 EST

> I'm not sure I understand. do you they say that the new
> controllers are compatible with the on-disk format of the
> old controllers? and your only problem is the old controller,
> but you believe the on-disk data is fine?

no - they say the newer ones are incompatible
(otherwise I would just bye one) and the older
series is not available anymore ;-(
so what they want to try is to fix our controller.
of course I cant be sure about the disk data,
but at least I would like to keep a copy,
in case we are able to get another old series
model later.

frank