Re: use video ram as system ram ?

From: allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 17:35:11 EST

On 6 Apr, Michael Meissner wrote:
+-----
| This reminds of a hack I saw when I was in college (1975 - 1979, which as my
| daughter likes to inform me, was when dinosaurs roamed the earth :-). The
| unveristy had a couple of Terak (spelling?) computers that had a P-code Pascal
| compiler on them. The compiler would use the black and white video memory as a
| scratch pad (and naturally get 'random' patterns on the screen). After some
+--->8

Yep, I remember them. Terak IVs at the College of Wooster in summer
1981, where I was at a week-long "computer camp". UCSD p-System was a
definite step up from my (then) previous experience with TRS-80 Level II
BASIC....

--
brandon s. allbery	   os/2,linux,solaris,perl	allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	   kthkrb,heimdal,gnome,rt	  allbery@ece.cmu.edu