Adaptec 29160 and 2.2.14

From: Kristian Koehntopp (kk@netuse.de)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 14:47:28 EST

I got a new machine with an Adaptec 29160 controller and two IBM
DNES-318350W/SAH0 disks. The kernel is kernel 2.2.14, running
from a brand new Suse Linux 6.4 distribution.

When booting, the controller is being detected correctly as
Adaptec 29160 and both disks are being found. When reading the
partition table of disk sda, I get lots of errors, though:

Unexpected busfree, LASTPHASE=0x40, seqaddr = 0x64
Parity error during command phase.
Sense key is 00 00 00 10 00.

I found a message in de.comp.os.linux.misc from Josef Moellers
(josef.moellers@pdb.siemens.de) where he suggests adding the
following test after the label

p_command_ultra2_dma_done:
        test SCSISIGI, ACKI jnz .;

in aic7xxx.seq. I got myself an original 2.2.14 from
ftp.funet.fi and recompiled a new kernel with this change, but
still get the above errors at boot time.

Any suggestions?

Kristian

--
Kristian Köhntopp, NetUSE Kommunikationstechnologie GmbH
Siemenswall, D-24107 Kiel, Germany, +49 431 386 436 00