Re: Doubled bogomips on SMP

From: Elmer Joandi (elmer@ylenurme.ee)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 20:55:08 EST

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Chris Noe wrote:
> > It is wonderful, how linux increases performance :)
> Bogomips are meaningless. Bogomips are meaningless.
> Bogomips are meaningless. Bogomips are meaningless.
> (no performance measurements should be based on them)

I knew it.

> someday I'm gonna talk Linus into doing this just for kicks:
> -sprintf(p, "bogomips:\t\t%lu.%02lu", loops_per_sec+2500/500000, etc.)
> +sprintf(p, "bogomips:\t\tone-hundred-billion-million");

umm, but, for particular case, you could rather have it
to be "/2" then

because they aren't totally meaningless.
Otherwise they would not be in kernel.
At least I would not like to mess with totally
meaningless stuff.

If they are _totally_ meaningless, then, take them out.

But as long as Mandrake shows them on their screwed
up beatiful login, it would be nice if they would
not change every day. At least not without a reason.

So I was thinking it is a funny typo-kind-of-problem...

sorry for inconvinience.

elmer.