Re: GPF on 6502 Linux with 2.3.99-pre4

From: Peter Samuelson (peter@cadcamlab.org)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 16:13:05 EST

  [Vince Weaver <weave@eng.umd.edu>]

[Matthias Andree <ma@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>]
> It's a stack shortage here, lynx needs half the stack free on the 4th
> stack page. You may need to disable the second floppy controller below
> to fix this.

Nah. If and when lynx hits SP=0 you have a problem, but I don't think
that's the case here.

I've seen this a few times and I think it's a lynx bug. It always
seems to happen when Lynx is trying to display something written with
FrontPage. It scribbles all over the zero page. (The front page, as
it were.) Unfortunately the IIe doesn't have a MMU, that's why you
don't see the SEGV.

> > Detected 1020 Hz processor.
>
> Looks like pre4 has a misdetection here beyond 1 MHz. My C-64 reports
> 985249 Hz.

The C64 clock crystal runs off the A/C. Some moron at Commodore
thought that everyone in the world uses 60-Hz power. Apparently yours
is 50-Hz. That's why your CPU is underclocked.

Peter