Re: NFS client hang in 2.2.15-pre17

From: Philippe Troin (phil@fifi.org)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 10:54:20 EST

Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no> writes:

> > If you're using soft mounts it is correct behaviour. If however
> > this is occurring on a hard mount, please confirm, and I'll
> > look into what could be happening.
>
> I meant of course please confirm it is happening on 2.3.99-pre3. That
> particular part of the code changed significantly between pre2 and
> pre3.

Yes, I am using hard mounts, and it happens on vanilla 2.2.15pre17
(both NFS server and client).

client# mount -o wsize=8192,rsize=8192,intr,nodev,nosuid,hard tantale:/a/tantale/home /mnt
client# cd /mnt
server# /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server stop
Stopping NFS kernel daemon: unexport mountd nfsd done.
client# ls
/bin/ls: .: Connection refused

I thought this thread was referring to the 2.2 kernel, not 2.3. I have
not tried 2.3 (and have no plan to do so).

Phil.