Re: **** LVM 0.8final patch vs. 2.3.99-pre3 ***

From: bert hubert (ahu@ds9a.nl)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 02:18:47 EST

On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 01:26:20AM +0200, Heinz Mauelshagen wrote:

> Actually there are still some pieces missing which i need for LVM.

Rephrase that 'which *we* need for LVM' :-)

I was wondering, LVM very closely emulates the 'look and feel' [1] of HP/UX
Logical Volume Management - is there any chance of HP/UX getting upset about
this? Have they ever spoken to you about this?

Regards,

bert hubert

[1] So closely that my LVM Viewer tool (screenshot on
http://ds9a.nl/lvm-howto) actually works on both HP/UX and Linux with the
same code